Monday, October 29, 2007

Congrats to Froyd



Froyd just published a book. The movie will come next, and the fame and glory.

Since the last time I wrote a post:

I had my 10 year high school reunion
I celebrated 10 years since my Marine Corps Boot Camp Graduation
I went on vacation to Costa Rica

...and much more, I missed out on a lot of opportunities to share with the blogsphere many interesting thoughts. I can say that I've been busy, but, I've always been busy, in fact, I was busier when I was going to school full time, but I still managed to post in this blog, so what happened?

Well, the first thing was that I got discouraged, I felt as if I had nothing interesting to write, so I stopped writing. Also, I started to write some stories for a book, but I decided I did not want to write about Iraq anymore, I wish I could erase it from my memory sometimes, not because I think it was so bad, it's just that I don't want to bring up the subject, I can't help it in this blog, but in real life, I feel uncomfortable with it.

Speaking of other things, I downloaded the latest Radiohead album "In Rainbows" it's freaking awesome.

Can't believe that the Red Sox did it again.

I've been playing Brain Age 2 in my Nintendo DS, it's really hard, much harder than the first one. Two thumbs up.

Library cards: use 'em. I've decided not to buy books, unless I absolutely can not wait. i.e. Froyd's new book.

Books of note:

The Reluctant Fundamentalist



Great Read, I could not put this book down, I read the first three pages by chance at the public library (I was looking for something else) and I could not put it down, four hours later I was in my bed reading the last page, and thinking about Pakistan. The next day I went back to the library and checked out Moth Smoke, another great book by the same author.

That's all I have for now, I love you all. Be good to each other.

J.V.

3 comments:

Froyd said...

hooray! thanks for the props dude. but you do realize the link to the reluctant fundamentalist is pointed towards my book? I'm relatively certain that I'm not on the same level there.

Jose said...

OH Crap!

I'll fix it....

Loralee Choate said...

I tried to comment on this earlier but blogger sucks.

I can only imagine the difficulty about Iraq. I am confused about many things. I do have people I love more than anything over there but I sit here safely on my butt.
(Not saying you're confused about your feelings, I just understand it's a difficult subject.)

I didn't go to either my 10 year or 15 year reunion (Dang, I am old).

AND

I can't believe the Red Sox either. Crazy.