Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Hello Bloggers Everywhere!



Like 99.999995% of the time, I have nothing insightful to add to the blogger world, but, out of habit, I am updating you with information about my somewhat-boring-sometimes-crazy life.

As you may know, I now have a bachelors degree, I just took a badly needed vacation to the left Coast, I mean, West Coast. And I am sitting at home without a job until January, something that I must admit, enjoy very much, not that IBM was a bad place, but it is nice to sit around and just...relax.

Relaxing


Which I am doing in my own way. If you know me in person you know that I can't just sit still. So I've been staying at home cleaning, fixing and organizing stuff. I have cleaned and organized most of the house, and it's going to take a little bit before I can say that I am "done" and there's nothing else to do around the house. It's quite therapeutic to take a chaotic closet and turn it into a Marine Corps regulation wall-locker. Don't get me wrong, I am by no means a neat freak, but I don't like messy rooms, they bother me a little bit.

Announcement from both of us


Martha and I have a reason to be happy these days, we are expecting a baby girl in May. We have told everyone NOT to give us anything until Martha is at least 7 months along. I have so many things to look forward to. Basically I have gone from being a college student to being a Family Guy.

Grad School


I promised Martha that I would wait a year before going back to school, but, I feel a great desire to keep going and getting my Masters ASAP. But, I will remain true to my word and I will give it a rest. I will try to never stop learning new things though, I am studying for the GRE, and I am trying to review the things I am going to need for my new job.

I am thinking about either doing long-distance internet degrees with The University of Florida or Georgia Tech, or doing it locally either back at the Alma Mater or the University of Miami. I don't know, it depends on what is more convenient.

Reading an awesome book



Kamran, thank you for recommending The Brothers Karamazov, it is one of the best books I have read, I am still at page 76, but each chapter is filled with magnificent thought-provoking narrative. I like that.

I've been Thinking about God



And the Bible and the Virgin Mary, and all the Saints including Santa Claus and other Superstitions, why are we so credulous? Because we want to believe in something.

I'm looking into all that.

Merry Christmas, Hannukah, Kwuanza, Winter-Solice, and Holidays in General



Hope ya'll have a good one. I have to vacuum the bedroom.

J.V.

10 comments:

Froyd said...

Brothers Karamazov: Brilliant.

Credulousity: Maybe because there IS something out there.

Masters: Definitely wait a year. From the sounds of it, you've got a busy household on the way.

Good times, and happy holidays! Next time I'm in ft. lauderdale visiting my bro, I'll look you up and say hello.

Jose said...

No problem. If you're ever in Ft. Lauderdale you are more than welcome at my house. Your brother lives here????

Froyd said...

Yes, yes he does.

Jose said...

Is this the same brother that works at Motorola?

Froyd said...

yes, yes it is.

Jose said...

So I am going to work with your brother!!

Cool beans, man.

Froyd said...

more or less, yes you are. I'm not sure which department for SURE that he's in, it's model building or somesuch.

Unknown said...

Congrats!! on your baby girl enjoy her cuz next time you look around you'll be celebrating her quince..

jess said...

hello!

this is the first time i have ever been here...came by way of Looney Tunes. If you want, we can swap links blogroll style.

congrats on the graduation...i want to get my masters too...

"i have to vacuum..." LOL. totally random comment...and JUST the way my brain seems to work most of the time. I will be back to read more.

Jose said...

Thanks for reading Jess!