Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Amirah the Psycho cat finally lost it.







You are not going to believe what happened last night. The family cat attacked us!
I don’t mean a scratch and run. The thing went wild and was trying to take my life. No kidding.

Let me start from the beginning. I came home from work, started dinner, and all was good in the world. Around 6:10 Martha came home with Anthony, I saw that he was playing with the car keys so I took them from him and then I said,

“Anthony, you have so many new toys, why don’t we go and play with them?”





I grabbed the new Talking Teddy that his grandma gave him. As soon as the thing started talking, the cat wigged the hell out. I was in the living room, she was in the kitchen. All of the sudden the cat comes running from all the way out there, and jumps on me and starts scratching me! She’s growling and moaning loudly and every time I manage to get her off, she comes back again. She stops attacking me and then goes for Anthony! As soon as I saw her leap for my son, I knew the cat was done. Thankfully Martha was quick to grab Anthony, the cat scratched her instead. I kept on screaming “Go upstairs! go upstairs Martha!” and she kept saying, “I can’t! I can’t!” she couldn’t move because she was trapped between the wall and the crazy cat. I grabbed a piece of plastic to move the cat, and managed to open the screen door to the backyard and get her out.




I was full of scratches in my legs and arms. Shocked was the best word to describe my condition though. We noticed she had been acting weird these couple of days. We did not know it was going to get this crazy, she was always a feisty cat, but she never made any acts of aggression like this. It’s crazy.




Getting her inside of a cage was another story. It was an effort and a half. My sister (who is really good with animals) came to the rescue, we had to get her inside the house and had to use a thick blanket to grab her and get her in the cage, she was not a happy camper. She was shaking the cage so bad we thought she was going to get out. We drove to the Humane society and dropped her off. I still feel so bad for her. We may never find out what really happened to make her do this.

After that I went to the hospital to make sure I didn’t need a shot or something, the cat was current in its vaccinations and so was I, the Dr. prescribed antibiotics for me. My sister and a nurse kept laughing at me, I got my ass kicked by a cat.

12 comments:

Froyd said...

If was there, and a teddy bear started talking, I'm not sure if I would have reacted any differently than the cat.

Jose said...

This was one the craziest things that ever happened to me. And that's saying something.

Loralee Choate said...

OMG. I am crossed between horror at the photo of your legs and lauging my ASS off that a Marine got their ass kicked by a cat!!!!!!

Mainly, that looks really painful and that is just WEIRD. Do you think that the cat will be ok with Anthony and the new baby???

Monkeyz Mommy said...

We Took the cat to Animal Control, so it's no longer among the living. Even after all this, it was kind of sad, but there's no way it could have stayed.

Monkeyz Mommy said...

Jose wrote that last comment. I had to give her up, this time we got lucky that she didn't get to Anthony, and I can risk that happening again. It hurts me a lot to have given her up, she was my companion when Jose was in Iraq.

Jose said...

Oops! My bad, I didn't see that I was logged in as Martha....

Jonathan said...

Bummers. I like the idea that the teddy bear was the last straw for him/her. That would make a good short story.

On the other hand, I'm sorry for your loss. There's nothing worse than losing a pet. Even the death of a family member is no match for the death of a pet.

Jose said...

It depends on the family member in question.

Loralee Choate said...

Awe. I wondered if she would have been destroyed. I commented on your newest post before reading this update and now I feel bad.

Wah.

You made the right call on it, though.

Alex said...

That's not really fair. I would have had the teddy bear put down, not the cat, who was the victim in all of this!

Michael said...

Damn.

Sorry to hear about all this. You made the right decision, and I give you a lot of credit for the way you handled it.

Gina said...

... I loved the order of the pictures taken. Excellent story!!! But with that evidence, you may think the whole thing was carefully planned... tell the truth Jose, you never really liked Amirah, and she never liked you... revenge!!!