Friday, December 30, 2005

My Favorite Posts



I decided to place a link to my favorite posts this year. These posts have a couple of things in common, they all have something to do with Iraq, and they were written in a peculiar manner, I would be home minding my own business and then, I'd get this terrible mind itch, it's like my whole purpose in life is to write about it, I'd sit in
front of my laptop and start typing away, couple of minutes later these posts were born, it was a big burst, like I just trew it up, no edits, no reread, just write the damn thing, add some pictures or some links and there they were. I felt extremely relieved afterwards. It made me feel good.

A Diologe


This is a prime example of that, I just got up a saturday morning, feeling like this conversation had to take place, it had been taking place in my head for a while, so I decided to have the two Jose's have an arguement, I put Jon there because I can be a mean a**hole sometimes.

Communication


I never had the guts to tell that brave soldier that lost his arm in Afghanistan and kept on living like nothing happend how much admiration I have for him, not because he lost an arm, but because the way he lives. He is more alive than some people I know. Just thinking about that brings tears to my eyes. Seriously.

My Reaction to Jarhead the Movie


In this post I happily announce the slow death of Jose in Iraq, he is getting weaker and weaker, fading away in the confines of my memory. Good.

Confessions from the War


You have no idea how much I wanted to share this incident with somebody. I could never tell my fellow soldiers, but now anyone in the internet can know.

Well folks, this is it for now.

Happy New Year.
Be Good to each other.

J.V.

No comments: