Wednesday, July 12, 2023

MLB All Star Weekend Seattle Edition 2023

 What it was:

Saturday: Futures game. Minor League All Stars game. Then there was the Celebrity Softball Game. 

Monday: Home Run Derby

Tuesday: Actual All Start Game



What went well:

The games were fun, Saturday's Celebrity Softball Game was surprisingly fun, the atmosphere was laid back with an emphasis on having a good time. 


The home run derby was also very fun to watch, it was just Gaby and I 




The beer and the food was on point. I had a Hoppy Valley Hefe on Tuesday and a Shandy on Saturday. I don't think you can find such a wide variety of good beer at any other stadium. Even though there's a lot of good places to eat at the stadium I settled for a Mariner's hotdog and a soft pretzel. Gaby went with the chicken tenders and the garlic fries

This is Gaby being amazed at Adley Rutschman's home run performance (28 home runs)


What could be better:

- Parking was obscenely expensive

- The stadium was hot af. They should have started the game at 7 pm instead of 5 PM. Too much sun

- Crowd control. Too many people, getting around the stadium was tough

- Seat selection. I waited too long to get my tickets, as season ticket holders I was able to get the tickets early at a good price, but by the time I got it together there were slim pickings, it pays to plan ahead.  

No comments: