Monday, January 29, 2024

My Review of "Exit Interview" by Kristi Coulter on Goodreads

Exit Interview: The Life and Death of My Ambitious CareerExit Interview: The Life and Death of My Ambitious Career by Kristi Coulter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Exit interview covers Kristi Coulter's eleven years at Amazon. This memoir gives the reader an insider's view of the what is like to be a smart, capable woman in an the male-dominated, competitive world of Amazon corporate.

Kristi's frustrating journey comes across as honest and real. It helps that she is incredibly funny. The stories are incredible but as someone who has been at Amazon for five and half years (and counting) I believe 100% of what I read. I don't get to see sexism myself first hand because my team is mostly composed of men but I know enough to know it still happens.

A lot of the points brought up in this book resonate with me. I hate the fact that the women in tech problem is considered a "Pipeline" issue. It's also considered a women's issue or minority issue. When it should be considered a "everyone" problem. Particularly the group that can do the most to fix it: Men. (yes, myself included)

I recommend this book to anyone concerned with non-fiction current affairs. 10/10


View all my reviews

No comments: