Monday, May 08, 2006

Ft. Lauderdale Air and Sea Show




Yesterday we spend all day at the beach at the Air and Sea show. We got there at 8:00AM and we pretty much saw everything, the place was packed! Thousands of people crammed up in a relatively small place. But it was worth it. We took a lot of bottled water and snacks and prepared for a day seeing the might of the U.S. Military.

Here are some pictures taken from the Sun-Sentinel






The Blue Angels






The Marines have landed...hide all the women




It was a little too crowded, but most people were cool about it, I didn't like it when I got my towel stepped on but, at the end you couldn't fit anything else on the beach, I was less than thirty feet from the water, but the trip there kept getting longer and longer as more people packed it in.

Anthony was an awesome sport, he slept through the best part of the show, during the day he was more concerned with being fed than watching the show.

I get mixed feeling about it, I wish the military was as fun as it seems in these shows, but I was also proud to be part of this organization. I am glad that despite the war being so unpopular most people show support for those who serve, it would be a lot crappier if that weren't the case.

These are some pictures I took early in the day when it wasn't as crowded





Anthony thinks he can eat the "Apple" Ipod.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures. Until the next one.



J.V.

1 comment:

Loralee Choate said...

Uniforms, airshow, marines. Drool.
The crowds would be annoying, but that is about IT.

:D