Friday, April 14, 2006

Thanks Joel



I just got two books as birthday presents, Baghdad Express by Joel Turnipseed, and Baghdad Journal by Steve Mumford.


Thanks Joel, you are sneaky!

Joel is a friend of mine, we met in Iraq, he came out of nowhere to take pictures of us. For some reason he thought I was funny looking or something. I don't know, the thing is, he is a good friend of mine now.

Baghdad Express is a story about a Marine from Minnesota who loves Philosophy, kind of like Kamran.

Baghdad Journal was written by artist who painted what he saw, very talented, I have written about him before. In it he describes my unit, Bravo Company 124th Infantry, Florida National Guard.

It is not my birthday just yet, (April 27) but this presents made my day. Thank you Joel, and Thank you mi Amor, I know Joel must have gotten our address from you.

I want to write about the "Ramadi Madness" controversy, but I don't have the heart right now. But I think I should write about it.

I will explain later.

J.V.

No comments: