Tuesday, April 18, 2006

So Far...



Last night I had trouble falling sleep, my head was full of so many thoughts. I felt anxious for a while, I went back and forth from the couch to the bedroom. At 7:00 AM I got up, attempted to study and could not get any material in my head. At 8:00 I got Anthony up, changed him, dressed him, and looked all over the place for a bottle, they are all over the place. I never spend time with my son, Even though he is a little sick and I have a gazillion things to do I cherish spending time with him, he is changing so fast. At 8:45 took him to the Doctor. I was the only Dad in the waiting room, Every other kid there was with their Moms, Dr R from South Africa saw Anthony for like 2 minutes and he made a diagnosis, Sinus infection. That was fast. He has had this cough for more than 4 weeks, Robitosin doesn't make it go away, so he is now taking antibiotics.

I saw Ramadi in CNN today, the Marines are fighting from the same building I used to live. The builiding you see in that video is the same exact one where I was standing the very first time I was shot at. I was doing a firewatch on that roof, it was a quiet night at 2:00 AM when they fired an RPG and some AK-47 bullets and then ran off. It was not much of a firefight. Anyway, seeing that makes me sad. Nothing has improved over there, Ramadi looks worse and worse everytime I read about it. You can see the difference of what the building looks like today compared to what it used to look like 3 years ago.

Back to Florida, I took Anthony to his sitter and went to school, today the first 5 groups gave their presentations. There will be a lot of interesting projects.

I am at the library waiting for my group to meet, we are supposed to finish up our presentation for Thursday.

I am starting to get a little worried about that Statistics test. I should be studyin g that. I just can't seem to get into it.

3 comments:

Alex said...

The key to getting quickly to sleep: booze!

Gina said...

luckily Anthony & Gio are very blessed to have their dads @ Doctors appoinments... where was martha all that time?

Jose said...

She had to work yesterday, she missed monday because she was sick herself, she came down with brochitis, so She could not miss any more days. Today is her scheduled day off, you should call her...


Anyway, I heard Gio is walking now, man these kids grow up so fast, before you know it they will have their own blogs.