Friday, January 13, 2023

Okay, I have a new favorite podcast

 I listen to podcasts but not as frequently as I want to because I alternate between audio books and just listening to music on Spotify, but every once in a while I get a podcast recommendation and I try it out and I end up hooked from the first episode. 

This is the podcast description from a co-host: link


"If you’re subscribed to this newsletter you probably know that I’m fascinated by bad ideas. Where they start, how they spread and, most importantly, why we believe them.

About six months ago, I started talking with my friend Peter Shamshiri (of the excellent 5-4 podcast) about how to do a show on the worst ideas of the last 50 years. We immediately thought of “airport books,” the pop nonfiction that has become one of America’s primary vectors for oversimplified history, misrepresented statistics and “contrarian” reinforcement of the status quo"


The podcast is called "If Books Could Kill" and the first episode is about the book "Freakonomics" which I actually really liked when it first came out, but the podcast did such a good job of debunking it I am super into it now. I love when something challenges my pre-conceived notions. I thought Freakonomics was awesome but now I see that I was duped. Check it out if you are into books

Big thanks to @richburroughs on Twitter for the recommendation 


JV

No comments: