Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Got Code?



This page has a bunch of Math Programming problems that are interesting to look at. The first one was ok, If I had the time I would try them all.

If you really want to test yourself, try these questions by Joel Spolsky.

These problems are hard. But, To say that programmers solve this type of problems everyday would be a complete lie.
Maybe it's different at Google, but I doubt it.
The only skill I'd say is necessary would be the ability to simplify problems, not complicate them. The divide and conquer aproach works wonders. Some geeks like to show off their smarts by asking questions like this.
I admit I am not a code guru, I've got a long way to go before I can lay claim to that status, but I like to look at these things just to try to keep the mind sharp.

J.V.

No comments: