Saturday, February 11, 2006

Engineering Desing, A class above



I like this class. The project is coming along nicely. Tuesday we have our first Team presentation. We are supposed to talk about our project without going into detail. We are doing good. I am lucky to be in a good team. I am curious about the ideas other teams have. I know there's a bunch of creative types in our class.

One thing I have noticed is that the simplest, most straight-forward plan always works best and gets the best results. It seems like professors like to see complex ideas implemented, but when you think about the big revolutionary inventions they are usually based on simple concepts. The beauty of a good design comes with its simplicity, Just think about the IPod versus any other MP3 player out there. Which one do you prefer?

We hope that the lil'giant we built follows the same guideline. We want to show a good design, My goal is to have everyone there going like, "Of Course that works, why didn't I think of that?"

I will let you all know how it went after March 2nd when we show it to the whole world. I think is good. We put a lot of effort into making the dammed thing.

J.V.

No comments: